Masters in Business Administration - MBA course of study: Taxes and Corporate Law - Competences
General competencies students acquire by completing the Business Management Program – MBA; direction: Tax and Corporate Law:
- exchange information, ideas, problems and solutions with professionals and lay people.
- adapt to changes in technology and methods of work within lifelong education.
- effectively collaborate in project teams and adapt to the demands of the work environment.
- understand the impact of the profession on society and the business environment.
- show high morality, responsibility, conscientiousness in work and behavior in accordance with solid ethical principles in solving business problems (social responsibility).
- to join new scientific knowledge in solving existing and future problems.
- apply the acquired theoretical knowledge and practical skills and habits in further professional and academic education.
Sector specific skills that students acquire by completing the study program Business Management – MBA:
- Analyse the economic laws and processes that govern the economic environment,
- Analyse the normative framework and the rules under which business is carried out with the application of the basic principles of financial operations and the fundamental principles of the Croatian legal system,
- Adequate understanding of the place, importance and role of human potential in modern business trends
- Independent management and project management, while taking personal and team responsibility when making strategic decisions in unpredictable circumstances,
- Application of economic methods in solving complex legal problems, especially methods and models of game theory,
- Self-management of financial operations in structurally different forms of entrepreneurship,
- Timely recognition of the business crisis, i.e. contributing to the successful outcome of overcoming the business crisis,
- Independent implementation of complex business operations, with adequate use and application of new scientific knowledge in the field of business management,
- Use of different new tools and tools in solving specific business problems;
Sector specific skills that students gain by completing the course: Taxes and Business Law:
- correct use of legal sources of enforcement law
- collecting the theoretical knowledge necessary for understanding the procedural aspects of the law on the basis of which the practice is discussed and decided in the enforcement procedure
- correct interpretation of legal rules and the development of critical thinking
- understanding the behavior that can cause harmful actions and the liability for harmful actions
- evaluating behaviors and identifying acts that constitute harmful actions and the causal link between harmful action and damage as a consequence
- analyzing the basic forms of economic integration of companies, in which companies remain legally independent
- analyzing the basic characteristics of certain status changes of companies
- knowledge of market competition and appearances that may lead to violation of market competition, with emphasis on competition rules in the area of financial business
- analyzing the criminal law framework, i.e. positive legal regulations that regulate illegalities in commercial transactions that are manifested through economic criminal offenses and economic misconduct
- mastering and properly using legal norms from the criminal justice framework of economic crime
- the ability to recognize and meaningfully assess illegal behavior in business that has features of economic crime
- identifying and valorising actions and procedures related to the prevention and investigation of economic crime and their application in business entities and organizations