Masters in Business Administration - MBA course of study: Financial Managment - Competences
General competencies that students acquire by completing the Business Management Program – MBA; Finance Management:
- exchange information, ideas, problems and solutions with professionals and lay people.
- adapt to changes in technology and methods of work within lifelong education.
- effectively collaborate in project teams and adapt to the demands of the work environment.
- understand the impact of the profession on society and the business environment.
- show high morality, responsibility, conscientiousness in work and behavior in accordance with solid ethical principles in solving business problems (social responsibility).
- to join new scientific knowledge in solving existing and future problems.
- apply the acquired theoretical knowledge and practical skills and habits in further professional and academic education.
Sector specific skills that students acquire by completing the study program Business Management – MBA:
- Analyse the economic laws and processes that govern the economic environment,
- Analyse the normative framework and the rules under which business is carried out with the application of the basic principles of financial operations and the fundamental principles of the Croatian legal system,
- Adequate understanding of the place, importance and role of human potential in modern business trends
- Independent management and project management, while taking personal and team responsibility when making strategic decisions in unpredictable circumstances,
- Application of economic methods in solving complex legal problems, especially methods and models of game theory,
- Self-management of financial operations in structurally different forms of entrepreneurship,
- Timely recognition of the business crisis, i.e. contributing to the successful outcome of overcoming the business crisis,
- Independent implementation of complex business operations, with adequate use and application of new scientific knowledge in the field of business management,
- Use of different new tools and tools in solving specific business problems;
Sector specific skills that students acquire by completing the study program Finance Management:
- differentiating the types of financial institutions and legal sources regulating the activity of financial institutions in the Republic of Croatia,
- knowledge of the status and legal structure of financial institutions,
- knowledge of the special features of the financial institution’s management bodies
- concluding various types of contracts
- differentiation of basic models, methods and techniques that lead to optimal balance sheet and capital structure of a commercial bank
- specific professional knowledge of the structure, costs and risks of the source of funds, loan portfolio, service distribution channels, risk management, performance appraisal and causes of bank failures, credit and other procedures, accompanying services and decision making
- interpreting types of controls and knowledge of legal and professional regulations during audits
- properly describing and interpreting the role that the internal audit has in fraudulent disclosure
- interpreting the contents of audit reports
- understanding the way monetary policy affects participants in the economy and how changes in monetary policy encourage changes in decision making by different actors
- understanding how changes in behavior and decision-making of participants in the economy will affect the business environment